Saturday, March 6, 2010

And life goes on

I found out on Tuesday that my dad's best friend died. My dad has been gone for about 10 years. That is hard to believe in itself, but now this? I was close with "Uncle" Robert. I am completely heartbroken. I keep thinking of what I should have done like writing him more often, or call more often or stop by more often. I think the last mail I sent him was a Christmas card. The next was going to be A.'s birthday card. I often tried to call him and sometimes he would not answer for whatever reason. I can't actually recall when the last time I talked with him. I do recall talking with him and the conversation, but when that was I can't remember. I did get to see him several times over the last year or two for which I am grateful. He thought A. was awesome. He was the funniest person and the best story teller I've ever met. I recall so many nights when he would come over to eat dinner with me and my parents and all of us would remain at the table for hours while he cracked us all up. We would literally be crying from laughing so hard. I know that time will help my heart. I plan on writing his family a card and letting them know how much I loved him. Asher had a good idea about donating to the Animal Rescue League. He would have liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment