Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time marches on

I can't believe J is already 7 weeks old. He is growing so much. Such a sweet boy, too. He loves to be held and will often cry if I put him down. He weighed 10lbs at the doctor the other day. He was not quite 7 weeks at that visit. He really loves to eat. I mean all.the.time. I am breastfeeding so this really takes us most of my day, which is totally fine with me. How many times do you get to hold your sweet baby for hours? For me only twice. I breastfed A. for 2.5 months. I had to stop when I went back to work because I didn't own a pump. This time, I found one on craigslist for $50. It is working fairly well. I hope to pump at work. I've been told they have a pumping room. I hope they still do considering all the changes. I go back on 11/7. I'm dreading it so bad. I will be heading to Mississippi next week so John can meet everyone. He has met Gigi, Granny, Pop Pop, Granny S, Aunt Ruth and Uncle Billy, Aunt Gail and Richard so far. He has many more to go. We really love our families. J. is already sleeping in his own room. He has been giving social smiles for weeks and has been smiling after feeds since 9 days old. Pretty impressive. He has excellent head control and has been able to hold up his head since he was only a few days old. A. could hold hers up before she even left the hospital. They look so much alike. It amazes me, actually. They have the same nose, color of eyes, and the same hair or lack there of! A. is in soccer. She really loves it. She smiles as she chases the ball around. She scored a goal a couple weeks ago! She is doing great in school. She is in 4k and really learning a lot. We saw a no parking sign today and she could read the word NO. She asked what the sign was trying to say. She can read the CVS sign, too. LOL As we are driving around town, she knows where we are and if I take a different road home, she always comments. "Where are you going?" If we pass her pedi's office or the dentist, she always notices. As we drive, sometimes we get into deep conversations about God and Jesus. She wonders why she can't see God and how can she feel him. Very deep for a 4 year old. She is in Awana and I'm a teacher in her class. She is so well behaved. Now I understand why the teachers were always praising her behavior. She really is good. Here are a few pics. Here is Audrey:
Here is John:
I think they look quite a bit alike. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm working in the nursery at Joseph's school this month ... I have a 3-month-old baby named Ethan BUT I keep calling him John, silly me. We'll have to get together at least one more time before you head back to work!

    ReplyDelete